Seeking advice on shipping stuff back to US

globalexpat

Registered
I am leaving BA after 10 years to move to Los Angeles and am trying to decide how best to ship my stuff. I will definitely bring personal items with me such as my books, art work, some kitchen stuff, clothes etc. But I am not planning to bring any furniture at all. In total I probably have 15-20 midsized moving boxes worth of stuff. I need to be in LA by early February so I have time to ship stuff earlier via a slower method, if that reduces the overall cost. Would love to hear what companies anyone could recommend that might do a small job like this and/or if is worth considering sending anything via Correo. Also, any insights on the paperwork side of this would be great too - i.e. any hoops you gotta jump through to get your possessions out of the country and into the US.

Redpossum

Registered
Of the stuff you're not taking home with you, a post in the right forum here on Baexpats has in past been a reliable way to sell stuff. I don't know if the pandemic/quarantine/DISPO/whatever-we-are-calling-it-this-week will affect that.

And there is a part of me that very much envies you for getting to go back to the States...

globalexpat

Registered
Of the stuff you're not taking home with you, a post in the right forum here on Baexpats has in past been a reliable way to sell stuff. I don't know if the pandemic/quarantine/DISPO/whatever-we-are-calling-it-this-week will affect that.

And there is a part of me that very much envies you for getting to go back to the States...

Ok. Thanks for that intel. I will look for that post. I do have a bunch of stuff I will be selling, so looking for the easiest way to do that. Re going back to the states - it has been a long time coming for me. Waiting for my husband´s green card to get processed. Amazingly that deal was sealed during quarantine - i.e. the Embassy did the final interview stage here during lockdown, so we are off!