Seeking full-time Employment in B.A

Argentine@Heart

Registered
Hi Everybody,

I am a recent college grad and currently hold a job at an international export company in NJ/NYC. I have been set on moving to Buenos Aires for the past 2 years ever since I left there from studying abroad. Over the past 2 years, I have applied to numerous jobs at multi-national and localized companies in Buenos Aires and had no luck on obtaining a job. I was wondering if anyone had any leads on possible companies hiring in Sales or Imports/Exports. Im not picky but those sectors would suit me best given my professional experience. I was also wondering if anyone had any advice on the best way to obtain a position while applying from the United States. I speak both Spanish and English fluently.

Thanks for your help!

I don't want to rain on your parade, but the situation here is quite different than it was even 2 years ago. You should read through the forum, especially the other threads where people are thinking of moving to/from Argentina.

The import/export business isn't in its best moment right now given all the governmental controls and restrictions. :p Getting a work permit will be a challenge without a company sponsor.

That's not to say that a company couldn't use someone with your expertise or sponsor you, but it's not an easy find. Best of luck to you.

Try this link mate.. http://buenosaires.en.craigslist.org/sls/3280559716.html
its a sales representative job position. the name of the company is inside the link. I just went there for the interview but unfortunately my background didn't suit them. Also they can help u for the working visa if u need it. I also looking for a job now. So, don't give up.... Good luck!!!

joe-chen said:
I just went there for the interview but unfortunately my background didn't suit them. Also they can help u for the working visa if u need it. I also looking for a job now. So, don't give up.... Good luck!!!

Your background didn't suit them but they told you to come in for an interview anyway? I would caution the OP to stay away.

joe-chen said:
Try this link mate.. http://buenosaires.en.craigslist.org/sls/3280559716.html
its a sales representative job position. the name of the company is inside the link. I just went there for the interview but unfortunately my background didn't suit them. Also they can help u for the working visa if u need it. I also looking for a job now. So, don't give up.... Good luck!!!

They have been advertising for 7 months, I applied the first time they called me in for the intervew, and was told I didn´t meet their criteria. They advertised a second time without indicating whom they were I applied again, Got called up for the Interview once I got there I was greeted with a ¨Oh you applied not long ago and wasnt accepted¨ and then wasn´t given the time of day. Most unprofessional place I have been to.

What Criteria? You answer the phone and give a customer a quote, I don´t think you need a degree for that. I really wouldn´t bother with them.

I'd try recruitment. Plenty of long term expats I know currently work or have worked for recruitment agencies.

Back