Seeking leads in coming to BsAs

Skarlett

Registered
Hi there...I am seeking leads on work and lodging in BsAs. I'm hoping to arrive late October. I have just graduated from culinary & hospitaliy school, I write, and am learning tango--my main motivator in coming to Argentina.. I would like to meet some local people and also expatriates. I'm nervous and excited about coming out there, so I'd like to learn as much as I can now. Constructive input is welcome..Gracias,
Natasha

Hi, I can help you some on houseing. I have about 4 months worth of correspondence form people with apartments and rooms for rent that ive saved from before i got here ; all of the ones i saved seemed like good people who dont want to rip you off.. which is a problem here. If you need any housing leads let me know. I finally found a nice studio in Palermo next to a huge park for cheap (compared to most prices i ran into for travelers and people without citizenship). There is also the option of signing a lease and paying several or all months up front for a place in pesos but I didnt come with enough money to do that. Let meknow if i can help.. all the research i did has to help someone. This place ended up finding me. :D

Skarlett: I would like to meet some local people and also expatriates. I'm nervous and excited about coming out there, so I'd like to learn as much as I can now. Constructive input is welcome..
Hi Skarlett, I guess I`m a mix of both things you`re looking for, because I`ve lived most my life here and have a local mother, cousins, etc. But I`m American so I really am an expat too! I understand your quest for learning as much as you can before coming here, since I would like to go back to my country for a good long visit and am also needing to "know before I go".I could ramble on for hours so I think it`s best you ask what you`ld like to know so I can get straight to the point.
So as not to crowd this forum, feel free to mail me direct to [email protected]
I can send you pictures of nice places you`ll surely like.
Saludos de Joe

Natasha, which school did you attend? What do you focus on in your writing? You're coming at a great time weatherwise, it's going to be beautiful here by that time. I don't know what your interests are, but I'm a major foodie so if you want to chat about anything related to that, drop me an email at [email protected] you been here before? How much do you know about the different barrios? Do you speak pretty good spanish?drop me a mail and good luck preparing for the move!

Back