Seeking mentor advice business in ba

By no means did I ever expect or have the false illusion that this to be easy borrowing from one of my favorite quotes

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
– Walter Gagehot

Basing any kind of business on imports is NOT a good idea under the current government.

My honest recommendation: do_not_do_it.
When I arrived I was highly motivated and positive, just as you. Meanwhile six years passed and I see no possibility to establish a profitable and enjoyable business here. While the city is really great if you earn from the exterior doing business here, ESPECIALLY IN THE "RUBRO" OF YOUR IDEA, is a nightmare.

I was living too in Uruguay and Brazil. Uruguay is difficult too. Brazil is the way to go. Great growth. Lots of opportunities. And the People, especially in Sao Paulo, are crazy for supplements and workout / fitness. Try there.

It's not just the current government -- supposedly 15-20 years ago it was the same thing, impossible to get foreign imports here. A Even when I got here the selection of import items was pretty crap... then for about 3-4 years it got better, and now it is getting worse again.

Do some reading on import businesses here in Argentina and you'll probably decide it's not worthwhile trying here. People severely underestimate how difficult it can be -- I know you have said you don't expect it to be easy, but I also doubt that you will expect it to be SO hard.

And with AFIP all over everyone I don't think that you're going to be able to get around a lot of the red tape by greasing palms.

Syngirl,
Atually , collecting bribes is part and parcel of it being so dificult. The red tape is there and as a result , there seems to be a parallel operation set up just to collect bribes.
The first line are the despachantes. The verry first step in the "tramite" that the despachante made , he came back from the counter and informed me that to start the process , i had to pay a one hundred dollar fee.
I refused and told him to get out of my field of view.
The guy behind the counter started in that it was a very complicated "tramite" and i wouldnt be able to do it without the despachante. I notified him that i was recording what he was saying and I inmediatly snapped a picture of him. I informed him that he had better get "simpatico" or my next stop would be the courts. I had my atty standing next to me .
He got ever so helpfull in a hurry.
Its a shame .
I brought my cat to argentina. THERE , i was demanded $500 dollars , with the threat that my cat would be sent to quarantine. I had all the paperwork in order , all the t's crossed and all the I's dotted.
{Argentina , Un pais con "buena gente"]

Back