Seguros/Insurance

White Chocolate

Registered
After almost three long months of waiting our stuff finally arrived from the US. Now, I need some renter's insurance. I heard banks provide that here. Does anyone have a good insurance person they can recommend who speaks English? Any advice, recommendations, etc would be appreciated. I feel like a lot of stuff leaks here and people are concerned about crime so I want to get our stuff insured asap. Thanks, Jeff

White Chocolate said:
After almost three long months of waiting our stuff finally arrived from the US. Now, I need some renter's insurance. I heard banks provide that here. Does anyone have a good insurance person they can recommend who speaks English? Any advice, recommendations, etc would be appreciated. I feel like a lot of stuff leaks here and people are concerned about crime so I want to get our stuff insured asap. Thanks, Jeff

do you have a local bank account? try starting there.

Don´t use HSBC insurance. As with most companies here in Argentina they are administratively incompetent

I got a policy a few years back just before I went to Peru for 2 months, so rang them up twice before i went, to ensure they were going to do the debito automatico from my account to pay the month quotas, that said yes, it was in the system. They never took the money so I had no insurance, when i got back i tried again and got the system going, claimed for a broken window then later found out I wasn´t covered (they had't charged me) even though they sent the guy to fix the window and i never paid anything. last year I received a letter from HSBC saying I owed about AR$ 500 for my insurance in 2006....I threw there letter away and haven´t heard from then since.

Back