Self Service Laundry ?

sdsurfista

Registered
Do they exist in Buenos Aires ? Palermo would be ideal.

I've had so many expensive clothes ruined because the person I gave washing instructions to did not communicate with the person who actually washed them.. So I would rather just hand wash myself than take the risk, but if an alternative exists that would be great.

I saw a place that I thought might be a Laundromat on Scalabrini Ortiz (corner Paraguay). I went in and asked and she said I could go wash my own clothes if I wanted, but the price is the same if I do it or she does it herself. The price I remember was 17 pesos a load, but that sounds really expensive now that I say it, so not sure...

There are a couple self-service places on Federico Lacroze - I have never actually checked them out because I would rather just send my clothes to be washed - but the machines are coin operated!

Coins aren't such an issue these days (kisses Monedero card).

And be careful about just looking for coin operated machines-- that place I checked on S. Ortiz is also full of coin machines (hence my excitement), but they don't actually use them with coins, and as I mentioned it's not really a self-service place. Maybe they must be from the pre-2001 days when maybe it was actually worthwhile to try and save some money by doing their own laundry?

Back