Selling a few artworks (Dali, Warhol and others)

French jurist

Registered
I want to get rid of a few artworks (I've got a lot more btw, like 100 paintings from Argentinean artists, about 500 lithos/etchings/mezzotints, etc...)

I've placed them on mercadolibre but I think I'll cancel some of the auctions (not enough interest, no bids). I don't know how to show a link to all the things I have on mercadolibre but anyway, here is what I want to get rid of :

- (After) Warhol : a set of 10 Marilyns, from the famous pirata edicion Sunday B Morning. They can be sold separately (the silver and the black one are the most sought). In good condition with minor surface wear and occasional minor defects (invisible once framed).
There are not that many of those Marilyns in Argentina, the ones I saw got auctionned here for 400 to 500 usd.
My price : 180 to 220 usd depending on the image & condition (quite an ebay price but you don't have to bother with shipping which can be annoying since they don't get rolled easily in a tube).

img

- Salvador Dali : I've got five original lithos with authentic signatures from the pantagruel's cosmic dreams series published in 1973.
They are a bit sexual (with visible masculine organs).
I say they are authentic with an original signature because I have been working for a few years in a french auction house, met many experts, owned two original Dali drawings that were authentified by Robert Descharnes (former Dali expert), furthermore they are listed in the "Michler & Lopsinger" (the Dali bible). Back in 1973, when those lithos were printed, Dali was still signing them before his Parkinson disease really impeded him from doing so.
My price : 1000 pesos each (cheaper than ebay, with my guarantee)
img

img

(I'll put pages from the "Michler Lopsinger" Dali catalog in a second message.

I've got too a few other things : like this 1920s nude woman pastel in blue from an Argentinean artist who came to Paris in 1920 to study from the same teachers as Matisse and Toulouse Lautrec.
Artist name is Raul Guillermo Podesta
Price is 2500 pesos, might seem a bit expensive but I paid it a fortune a few years ago (not making any profit, worse losing money with inflation... Anyway this one I'm not so sure I want to sell it)
img

Well, not intenting to spam, I really would like to get rid of the Warhols and Dalis (want to buy an expensive porcelain...)

Questions welcomed

Dear French jurist presuming this is an oil and not a print please be assured that it will find a very happy home with us. I am a technophobe but will try to PM you to agree a viewing and agreement.

img

Well, not intenting to spam, I really would like to get rid of the Warhols and Dalis (want to buy an expensive porcelain...)

Questions welcomed[/quote]

What else you got? Can you PM the mercado libre auctions?

French:
Are the Worhols numbered and signed? Also are the Dalis numbered?
Thanks

ghost said:
French:
Are the Worhols numbered and signed? Also are the Dalis numbered?
Thanks

Hi Ghost, the Warhol's are neither signed nor numbered, they are from the "officially fake" (strange coined term I agree) edition Sunday B Morning that started to be printed in Belgium around the late 1970s. Mine are from Belgium. There are a few fake editions of those Marilyns, more or less succesful, mine is the best one (there is an Italian edition I saw once which is ugly).
My edition, before the market became flooded, sold at times around 10.000 usd in Swann Galleries in NYC like ten years ago (not a joke !).

The original edition of those is from 1967, one or two series numbered on 250, signed on reverse and they sell for like 150.000 usd each image.

The edition I have is the same (same colors, same technic, same size, same "feel") as the original one, except that it's not original (although Warhol is supposed to have signed some on reverse stating "this is not by me, Andy Warhol".

The price is quite good (can be found a bit cheaper on ebay, but the shipping is another story since they are printed on a very heavy paper + the surface is very fragile, hence it's suicidal to send them in a tube... They are BIG !).

---

The Dalis are 100% authentic, fully documented (I have the Dali catalogue raisonne), numbered on 50 in pencil, hand-signed in pencil as well.
The Dali signature on them is 100% authentic (I've been working in an auction house in Paris for a few years and have been owning quite many interesting pieces in my life).
The Dalis are quite cheap as well.

Hoping that helps !

ok I just placed some bids on some of your auctions, my nick on ML is Verica. If you remove the listings feel free to send me a PM with what you have for sale, prices, etc.

Sounds like you have millions of dollars - Euros worth of art. You should contact Sothebys, here in BA. I'm surprised that you haven't received marriage proposals from some of BA's most eligible bachelors; art lover's all.

Back