Selling A House

emh

Registered
I'm in the process of hopefully soon (fingers crossed!!) selling a house in provincia de Buenos Aires. I was wondering if there is anyone out there with recent experience in this.

Notably, I'm unclear about current ways to get the proceeds back to the US, particularly what financieras are currently charging and if anyone has a great recommendation, as they all seem so sketchy!

I'm also trying to figure out what potential taxes are like. I lived in Argentina for about 10 years and have a DNI Extranjero, but have been back in the US for about 2 years. Not sure if that really makes a difference in terms of residency, and for the AFIP...

Any and all advice or comments are appreciated. Thanks!!

Can you describe the property? Square meters, pool, size of lot, number of bedrooms and baths,
approx location,etc.

Sure...its 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom in Zona Norte near the river, has a pileta compartida as its part of a community (not gated) of houses, aprox metros cubiertos is 160 m2. We are already negotiating with a buyer, and I do have a CUIT, which I imagine is still valid from a couple of years ago.

Thanks!

I'm waiting on more content for this thread. This is something that important for a range of expats; I'm surprised there isn't more [recent] content about this subject.
An argie businessman (albeit sketchy one at that) told me once that this is possible and that the government will allow a one-time extraction of a sum of money in US dollars from the sale of a house if the owner is leaving the country. Exactly how and what is involved in terms of charges by banks, real-estate agents, and/or taxes is still a mystery to me.
I'm sure no matter how you decide to do it, there will be plenty of vultures around to help remove your money from your pockets as you leave.

there are places that you go to....and the money gets transfered out...........fees change frequently

If you bought the property before the corralito to dolar started, you can make a difference between the official and blue rate. Real estate agents are agile in the issue.

You can use a cueva an they will charge 4-5%. Or if you have some patience you can do it at no charge ( I know several expats went this way )

Thanks to you all for the comments! Any insight on how to do it with the cuevas for 4 - 5 % would be ideal, or if anyone knows the legal way that would be even better....

It is all a mystery for sure, and I'll happily keep posting more information as I receive it or would be happy to help anyone once I have some more answers!

Back