Selling an Art Deco sofa + 2 armchairs

French jurist

Registered
I moved to a new house and I'll sell a few things (well, for now, only this).

Those are a sofa and two armchairs, about 50 years old (carpenter's work).

The style is rather Art Deco, but due to the curves of the arms it could be somehow qualified as Art Nouveau as well. Furthermore, if the varnish was removed (clear wood), they could look as Scandinavian design.
I guess they would fit in many interiors : classical, modern, design...

Wood might be oak ? Fabric is the original one I presume, a deep red ("Bordeaux" red like we would call it in France).

Condition :
- Both structures of the armchairs are in excellent condition (structure is tight), the little marks you see on the wood are rather spots I didn't remove by laziness.
- Structure of the sofa is a bit loose, with three cheap restorations made on the backside, invisible on the frontside. Two adults can sit together on it with no problem except if both weighs +200 lbs.
- Fabric/cover of the sofa is in good condition, with light uniformeous use.
- Fabric/cover on one of the armchairs has a little problem as shown in one of the pictures (could be sewn quite succesfully but not perfectly I am afraid).

Measurements :
- Height of 72 cms (about 29")
- 52 cms deep (about 20")
- 52 cms wide for the armchairs (20") and 114 cms wide for the sofa (about 45")

Price : 600 US$ (Note that I live 25 miles north of Capital and a "flete" costs about 100 pesos to Capital. Nevertheless they would fit in a car with a hatchback).

Good thing about this type of furniture is that they don't lose in value over time, and are quite many times stronger than modern ones.

French jurist said:
Good thing about this type of furniture is that they don't lose in value over time, and are quite many times stronger than modern ones.

-Clearly not.
In fact, they seem to appreciate rather nicely...

Denver said:
-Clearly not.
In fact, they seem to appreciate rather nicely...

If they are in original condition, refinished twice and by an amateur don't expect appreciation.

Back