Selling dollars

on the brink

Registered
Does anyone know if I can sell them at any bank, or need to have an account to do it?

If you have an account at the bank, then you can sell them at the bank.

In my experience, the banks are offering about half a peso better than cuevas right now.

I am going to my bank to change money today. If you want to pile on, PM me and you can meet me there at 10 am.

From personal experience (no account with the bank), Banco Nacional exchanges U.S. dollars for pesos.
Please, what was the procedure and how long did it take? BTW we do have an account there.

Please, what was the procedure and how long did it take? BTW we do have an account there.

We (I was with my wife) went to the Recoleta branch on Santa Fe (& Azcuenaga?) and the wait was interminable - at least 25 - 30 minutes, seating provided. Take a book if you elect this branch. You get a numbered ticket from an automated device just inside the door, then watch hopefully at overhead displays of the next ticket called and its associated cashier window. Then scoot around behind a screening wall to that window. Unfortunately I don't remember if I had to show a passport or DNI or not. Perhaps someone else can comment on this.

After Tomorrow I’m going to have about 10,000 pesos to exchange for dollars. I am happy to hand the pesos to anyone who would want to transfer the dollars into my US bank. Also happy to give a better rate than a cueva/bank. P.m. me if interested

Back