Selling phone with SIM card?

BAwithkids

Registered
We are hoping to sell a couple cell phones before we leave Argentina. We will likely still have some credit on them. Is it a bad idea to sell them with the SIM cards in them?

I don't see why it would matter either way. As long as you delete anything you have stored on the card you should be good. Or just throw it away, the buyer of the cellphone can buy a new sim card for like 10 pesos at most kiosks.

I was thinking it might be nice for someone newly arrived to not have to deal with getting a SIM card. Plus, if we sell it with the card, we can also recoup some of credit still on the phones.

Hey I am living here and studying until middle of July and would be interested in possibly buying one. How much are you asking?

Thanks!

adisrud92 said:
Hey I am living here and studying until middle of July and would be interested in possibly buying one. How much are you asking?

Thanks!

The details on the phones are in the "classifieds" section under electronics. One is 90, one is 150. I'm guessing you might be able to resell at the end for similar pricing, and just keep those phones moving around! http://baexpats.org/classifieds/ad/76/cell-phones/

Since we can sell with the Movistar SIM card, you'll be pretty much ready to go!

PS - For anyone interested, lots of other great stuff in the classifieds section, too!

Back