selling property and transferring money

peterp

Registered
I'm a Permanent Resident with DNI.

If I sell a property here in Argentina can I legally have the money transferred from the sellers overseas account to my UK bank account without the need for the money to enter Argentina?

As far as i know, there is no reason why not.. and i would want that. If you intend to leave arg, i have heard from a few people who have sold property that its not the easiest process to get money out of the country again.

I bought my property that way in 2006. I directly transferred money in my USA account to his USA account. However, things change so fast here that I would suggest you speak with a lawyer and or account.

I spoke to an argentinian accountant few months ago, he told me that when you inscribe a property for more than U$S 100000 during the process of buying/selling, you have to pay taxes on it, I dont remember the percentage. The notary has the obligation to keep that amount of money to pay the taxes.

I heard from many sources that the process of selling a property is different for an argentinian citizen than how it is for a foreigner, because of the "impuesto a las ganancias" the argentinian pays.

I also suggest you to speak with a lawyer and an accountant before buying the house.

Back