selling property - best way to recieve payment?

TWB103

Registered
Never bought or sold a property nor dealt with such big transactions in Argentina before. The property legally belongs entirely to my wife's ex but he settled to give her half of the proceeds.

What's the safest way to receive and deal with cash from sale of property and without losing too much in taxes and bank charges etc? We won't be stuffing bundles of US$ in our mattress if we can avoid it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

thats funny. good luck. its going to be difficult, the gov will want their money. you need to find a good accountant, and the people on this site will need alot more information about where you are sending the money. if you have an account in a argentine bank to place the money for transfer. believe if you use the historical part of the site, you might find more insite. my reccomendation is stay above board, use the legal system to your advantage, and be accountable for future tax returns. its all a matter of retrievable information going forward. you can try the cash option, and its available, but depending on the amount, alot of trouble. mis dos centavos. wish i could help more.

Never bought or sold a property nor dealt with such big transactions in Argentina before. The property legally belongs entirely to my wife's ex but he settled to give her half of the proceeds.

What's the safest way to receive and deal with cash from sale of property and without losing too much in taxes and bank charges etc? We won't be stuffing bundles of US$ in our mattress if we can avoid it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Any Argentinian citizen can send money out of money legally from any bank in Argentina at a very low cost . She will need to open a bank account and prove provenance of the funds to the bank ( a copy of the deed will suffice and a notarised letter from her ex stating the donation to his ex wife ) Sending money legally from Argentina to anywhere in the world now is very simple and within 48 hours it will be credited in any us or european bank account .

The best way is to have seller wire the proceeds directly to your US acc, which is not that hard, thanks to Macri. The new law makes selling very easy. Get to know your buyer, if she/he feels comfortable, they can wire directly.

The best way is to have seller wire the proceeds directly to your US acc, which is not that hard, thanks to Macri. The new law makes selling very easy. Get to know your buyer, if she/he feels comfortable, they can wire directly.

In this case Garryl the money is coming from a donation from a ex partner. There has to be paperwork proving the donation and from where the money originated from . The bank looks at this documentation and if is correct will allow the transfer to be done

Looks like buyer wants to pay in bundles of pesos. Our escribano said first thing to do is change all to dollars via a cueva. Ive used cuevas before but nowhere near for the amount we need changing. Makes me somewhat nervous going into a back room and doing the business...

Looks like buyer wants to pay in bundles of pesos. Our escribano said first thing to do is change all to dollars via a cueva. Ive used cuevas before but nowhere near for the amount we need changing. Makes me somewhat nervous going into a back room and doing the business...

The best idea is to get a cambista to come to the deed and change the pesos to dollars. Its easy and quick

The best idea is to get a cambista to come to the deed and change the pesos to dollars. Its easy and quick

Do you mean get him to bring the dollars to the escribano's office when the deed is transfered?

just saying, put the responsbility on the buyer. decide on a conversion rate, have the money in US tranfered though a security service, to your desired location. living under a rock and having seen a transaction of 140,000.00 recently, thought real estate transactions were done in US dollars.

Back