selling property - best way to recieve payment?

last comment and lets close the thread. nikad, are you sure, the bank knows what in the safety deposit box verifiable by documents? i know someone that sold a department for 278,000.00 US and keeps it in a box for whatever reason. taxes, central bank, transfer requirements, security from foriegn husband, what ever. really curious
The bank does not know what you put in there. You can keep millions. The problem comes when you want to use this money within the formal economic circuit ( wire it, deposit it in a bank account, buy property, etc )

The cash money, or whatever you keep n there, does not exist. Yet Bienes Personales law states that money in cash pays taxes, so it would be smart to declare it to AFIP and pay such tax, otherwise being it that Argentina is now commited to OCDE and international anti money laundering treaties, the fact that you show up wherever with undeclared cash, that never paid any taxes will most likely get you in trouble,

Again, you don't do it if you don't want to do it. The bank will not know. But I suggest if you go this way you have a really good strategy to bring this money back in the open. Of course if it is just a few thousands you can simply spend it on groceries, meds, etc. It depends on how much it is and what you plan to do with it.

you are correct again. you pay an annual tax on your wealth if i am correct.

you are correct again. you pay an annual tax on your wealth if i am correct.
Yes, however money deposited in pesos or usd dollars in a savings account is not taxed ( if you keep it in cash it does )

is that not considered part of your world wealth? originally, i was only suggesting twb put his money in a safe place. using my friends example, started to realise there my be consequences for long term placement. on the otherside, oh i love this part, you could make transactions in forgiegn countries, using cash for the arg end to satisfy the forgien deposit. ugh

ya ya ya. i need 50,000 in arg. no proplem, just put 50,000 in my US bank account, and i will give 50,000 in you hand in arg. must go on alot. gov loses at every turn.

is that not considered part of your world wealth? originally, i was only suggesting twb put his money in a safe place. using my friends example, started to realise there my be consequences for long term placement. on the otherside, oh i love this part, you could make transactions in forgiegn countries, using cash for the arg end to satisfy the forgien deposit. ugh
it is exempt in Argentina, but must be declared abroad I guess.

thanks nikad. the world tax thing is a problem with me in argentia. we pay our taxes forward in the US. income deminishes and so do the taxes. would love to know about colombia. in due time. have not found a baexpat site like this one in colombia. thanks again

Back