Selling Real Estate - Getting Money Out

GabrielaBsAs

Registered
Hi guys,

After almost 8 years I'm moving back to Europe. Therefore I'm selling my flat.. Any tipps? Should I sell it myself (Solodueños...) or with an inmobiliaria?

I'd like to sell it to someone who has the dollars outside of Argentina of course, so I wouldn't have to worry about getting the cash out. Unfortunately that might be complicated. What other options are there?

Thanks a lot!

I am not sure that you can make the money transfer outside Argentinian. First of all, it is illegal to sell anything in a currency other than ARS, second, I think AFIP would like to get a share (taxes) of the deal.

I believe the most you can get, is to make a nominal transfer here and another "in black" transfer outside here in USD. Of course, this should be a believable amount, not 1000 ARS.

I am not sure that you can make the money transfer outside Argentinian. First of all, it is illegal to sell anything in a currency other than ARS, second, I think AFIP would like to get a share (taxes) of the deal.

I believe the most you can get, is to make a nominal transfer here and another "in black" transfer outside here in USD. Of course, this should be a believable amount, not 1000 ARS.

Is this true?

I would of course sign the escritura in pesos and pay all the taxes. As the sales are made mostly in cash I doubt that there would be a problem doing the transaction outside of Argentina, thought I'm not a 100% sure about it.

Is this true?

As far as i understand it that is not quite right. You can get someone to pay you in CEDIN and then you'd get greenbacks. As for then getting them out of the country, that's a different matter.
Good Luck :D

It may have changed, but mariposa sold her flat and was able to get the money out with a small fee. This was a little over a year ago and the rules may have changed, but maybe track her down in the search function as she is a friendly lady and can help if you with some tips if you are in the same situation that she was in when selling her house in Palermo.

One billion is the amount of US$ that is estimated to leave Argentina every month. You may not be happy with exchange rates or fee's to do so , but it is certainly possible.

You can always do the "contado con liqui" transaction through a stock broker in Argentina. Totally legal and reasonable fees.

I'm looking to buy a property here, in BsArs. Could you send me some info about your place you're selling?

Yes, you can sell you flat to someone who will pay you in Dollars outside of Argentina. This is still allowed. You will pay Stamp Tax and Transfer Tax like on any other transaction. However, I have not seen lots of people lining up to pay Dollars offshore for properties here.

There are other ways to sell your property here that will fetch you a higher price. PM me.

GS

Back