Send $1500.00 Dollars To The Usa Every Month

snowboarder

Registered
I just read about this online. Supposedly you can go to Casa Piano and send money to a relative in the USA at the official rate. Does anybody know anything about this? Can any US resident do this? Does the AFIP audit you afterwards? Any info appreciated.

I hope no Campora members are on the site, otherwise the Casa Piano is fried.

Can be done @ your bank branch, called "Ayuda familiar". Not only to USA. Perfectly legal. Discussed various times on the site (use search function to find threads).

It's only to a direct family member, you need to show relationship (ie mother, sibling etc.). Yes I'm pretty sure you need to have everything in order with AFIP because this is done directly via your bank (casa piano I doubt, You need to have an acct at the bank that you're using for the transaction, you need to register all of your information and the information of the person you're sending to with your bank, they send it on to headquarters, and soon down the line.

Santander rio was pretty useless about giving info, Citibank seemed to be more in the know, we've to an acct there too so we will do it with them; will post more details when we start process

Reactions: Joe
- (Afip Swat teamleader) I repeat: Target has been adquired. He is on his computer asking about sending dollars outside.
- (Afip command center) You are clear to go. Don't take hostages.
- (Afip Swat teamleader) Message received. Preparing to engage.

529561_516321371737853_795688528_n.jpg

FREEZE, NOBODY MOVE! COME HERE YOU SC*MBAG, WHERE ARE THE DOLLARS?! SHOW THEM TO ME!

Just use the search function there is plenty of info about this.

I used the following various terms:
send dollars
dollars
send
dollar
money
ayuda familiar

The only results I get are in this thread.

Any suggestions for which search terms will actually give some information?

I used the following various terms:
send dollars
dollars
send
dollar
money
ayuda familiar

The only results I get are in this thread.

Any suggestions for which search terms will actually give some information?

Its because youre only searching in this topic go back to search box and select search option for all forums then enter ayuda familiar and enjoy the many posts with a pot of coffee and some sticky medialunas!!!

All you really need to know is: it's called ayuda familar, there is (currently) a limit of sending the equivalent of us$1500 per month to a direct family member abroad (don't be surprised if this gets reduced), and that your pesos will be converted at the official rate. You have to do it through your bank, your bank branch will tell you the details of what is needed, what is needed seems to vary from bank to bank, so apart from the basics that havew been discussed on the board, you're really going to have to go to your bank and talk to them. I don't know that you can do any of this with Casa Piano, anyone I know that has been doing it has done so through their bank accts at the regular banks.

From ours we have so far been asked for my birth certificate, a utility bill from my mother, her birth certificate since her last name has changed, our marriage certificate (since we will be sending the money from my husband's acct to my mother's acct). And then my mother bank acct details. Then our branch sends to central branch all of this, and central branch may require more info, so will let you know once we've gone through process. However, every bank varies in what they ask -- we first went to Santander and basically they had no clue and it was a pain to deal with, so since we also have an acct with Citi we are now dealing with them and they seem to be a bit more aware of the process.

The best advice I can give you is to go to your bank and tell the front desk that you need to talk to someone about sending ayuda familar abroad, they should direct you to the right person to speak to.

Part of the reason the banks are kind of clueless is because there seems to be different procedures for sending to an Argentine citizen abroad vs sending to a foreigner abroad, that's where the snags in communication have come for us. And also because things are slightly different from country to country, so what information they need from a Canadian may be different than what they need for a French citizen etc.

Will post more when I have any concrete result... right now our paperwork is all in transfer

Back