Sending A Text Message To The Us (Personal)

bobg

Registered
I am trying to text to this number: 00-1-us_number_including_areacode

But I am getting this response from Personal: Personal le comunica que el destino al cual se envia el mensaje no se encuentra disponible.

I've tried different variations of the us number but all give the same result.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? Could it be that I don't have the right plan? (I have no idea what my plan is - I just buy credit from time to time.)

Thanks, Bob

Just to be sure, you're not using the dashes?

Both: +1XXXXXXXXXX and 001XXXXXXXXXX should work. If it's still not working, call personal, they may have to activated the service for you.

http://www.personal.com.ar/tienda/packs.html
and select coberatura hacia el exterior

The pack you need to call the USA is
Pack SMS Internacional a Resto del Mundo

Wouldn't it be easier to send an email?

http://www.personal....enda/packs.html
and select coberatura hacia el exterior

The pack you need to call the USA is
Pack SMS Internacional a Resto del Mundo

Wouldn't it be easier to send an email?

Thanks jantango. Yes, I prefer email. But, believe or not, there are still some people who do not use it. But also I've heard of some long internet outages here so a backup would be nice.

The current "coberatura" plans are Local, Nacional, Hacia el exterior, and En el exterior.

But I have been doing some experiments with a friend in the US and I can receive her sms messages and reply to them. But I am unable to initiate a new sms thread.

Thanks again, Bob

Also, jantango, I must have whatever pack I need because following Roldofo's advice I entered only digits and the result worked. Note that the phone added a few blanks and dashes on its own. So the rule is straightforward - blanks and dashes are OK so long as they are where the phone allows them.

I have to remember in the future to enter only digits and let the phone do the formatting. So the digits I entered (and what ended up working) was

001and_the_us_ten_digit_number.

Does anyone know ... can I always enter all numbers for the US and Argentina in their full international format and they will always work from either country?

Thanks, Bob

Drop email, drop SMS, start using WhatsApp. :)

Actually I have WhatsApp and use it. But not everyone has it - I didn't until recently. And also I am not sure how WhatsApp will handle it when I return to the US and switch sim chips.

Bob

Actually I have WhatsApp and use it. But not everyone has it - I didn't until recently. And also I am not sure how WhatsApp will handle it when I return to the US and switch sim chips.

Bob

When you pop in your US SIM, you can decide to keep your ARG number for whatsapp, or you can switch Whatsapp to your US number. However, it is either one of them - you cannot use both at the same time on the same phone.

When you pop in your US SIM, you can decide to keep your ARG number for whatsapp, or you can switch Whatsapp to your US number. However, it is either one of them - you cannot use both at the same time on the same phone.

And which ever one I choose the people who might want to send me a WhatsApp message need to know, right?

Back