Sending dollars to your argentina bank account - TransferWise vs. normal wire transfer

Thanks for this post, it is very helpful, I am wondering if you have any sort of update or advice, I had an Arg. bank account a couple of years ago when I was transferring a significant amount of money to buy a house in Mendoza. I think I was paying 6% or so in total fees for the transfers but the Monthly fees at the bank were enormous for some reason and I closed my bank account once I bought the house. My question is how much has changed since the Peso jumped to $130 dolor blue and
has the new administration impacted how one might try to get dolors into the country? I normally head to the USA 2 or 3 times a year and would return with dolors in hand. I don't see that happening for another year (Covid) and want to bring dolors in the most efficient way possible.

Other than that 1 transfer to Santander, I haven't done any bank transfers to Argentina. In the past I've used Xoom, TransferWise, etc. But the simplest is just bringing cash. There's a whole thread here on the forum about using Western Union to get the best rate, which seems to be working for lots of people here. I haven't had to use that method.

Back