Sending Mail To Argentina

SO I am just wondering a cheaper way to send mail (small packages). I have a friend who wants a few things, but I dont want to spend like 50 bucks to send her a few food items that you cant get down there..... So how do you all send cheaply? Or is it even possible?

The smaller the package the better chance it has of getting here - but no guarantees.
(And by small I mean less than a pound and preferably in a bubble envelope.)
Send by regular mail.

You could always try your luck, just don't send anything you wouldn't want getting lost.

arlean

My son has sent quite a few small packages to me and so far none have been lost or disappeared. But they are hand wrapped with addresses written in his own handwriting. Nothing that I order and have sent here by a business arrives with the exception of one small book. Three books never showed up.

I don't even try it any more.

FOOD ITEM!!! noo never it will never reach here... my mother sent me some spices and it's been more then 2 years I haven't got it yet, neither they returned it to my mother... later someone told me that food items are not allowed via parcel.

It's complete chance if it shows up. A couple months ago I received a package of used clothes, spices, sauces, and a used camera. It arrived at retiro without problems, didn't have to pay taxes, just the cost to send it. Make sure to send via regular mail, not UPS, DHL, etc.

My mom once sent me a bottle of tabasco sauce... A mini bottle. :( Arrived to my door no problem, regular mail. (I of course finished it in two days). A roommate received several used clothing packages from her family in London, Royal Mail, no problems. Had to go to Retiro and wait but nothing was stolen. It's a crapshoot and these stories are not common. I'd say don't risk it.

I have sent, or been sent 3 packages, all with varying degrees of success:

1. I sent myself a jar of Vegemite. It did not make it :(

2. I sent a card to someone (regular mail). It showed up 6 weeks later (Well after the persons birthday :angry: )

3. My dad sent me a simcard via registered mail. However the package disappeared on the tracking service after it left Australia. 5 weeks later I still had not received it. The old man chased up Australia Post asking where it could be. Maybe they hassled the correo here, cos I got it 2 days later. (Maybe it was sheer coincidence)

I hate having to have stuff sent here though and try to avoid it.