Sending money to Argentina via transfer

jp

Registered
Hi all

I need to send some money to an argentine friend. I'll be sending money from a UK account, but not enought to warrant using a cueva. Do any of the money transfer sites work?

Cheers

JP

WU (Western Union) is a very good option.

Check some of the threads and posts here. There is a ton of information.

The service is reliable, fast and you can receive some of the best exchange rates available.

GL (Good luck!)

Thank you Ronnie.

Can people pickup cash without issue? I've been out of the country a while but it was a nightmare when I was there.

Can people pickup cash without issue? I've been out of the country a while but it was a nightmare when I was there.

If the person you are sending money to has a government issued ID (passport or DNI) and the name on the recipient's ID is exactly the same as on the transfer, there shouldn't be a problerm picking up the funds.

I prefer Xoom, a slightly lower exchange rate than WU, but also much lower fees. More or less works the same, ID to pick up cash at many locations, or you can do a direct transfer to an Arg bank.

I prefer Xoom, a slightly lower exchange rate than WU, but also much lower fees. More or less works the same, ID to pick up cash at many locations, or you can do a direct transfer to an Arg bank.
I have tried Xoom, it is a good alternative for sure. (Can't say anything bad about it.)

I just like the layout of WU's AP / Website a bit better.

AFAIK,…Xoom only works with a US bank account / credit card.
So don’t bother if you’re in the UK.

Hi Everyone. I see I've missed this convo by a few weeks but here goes...
I'm brand spanking new here and am planning on moving to BsAs from the UK. I found this particular thread after reading various others in search of the best way to send USD to a friend in Argentina from the UK. My UK bank charges £25 for the service, which could get expensive quickly as I want to make regular transfers ahead of travelling there myself. Could any of you advise please what is the best way to do that?
So far, I've looked at:
Crypto
WU, Remitly, Xoom
Uruguayan bank account

Just ended up tying myself in knots. That led me to thinking "Hang on. Someone out there must have already done this before", and that led me to this forum.

Back