Sending stuff home

ganesh8888

Registered
I wanted to ask if anyone here has experience of sending Stuff overseas, after 10 years here have accumlated alot of things, not all I want to sell.

Obviously there is Correo Argentina but I was thinking something that could send back pictures some lights and sculputures, nothing wow but bulky and unlikely to be accepted by correo or Airlines

any thoughts or recommendations most welcomed

many thanks

I would like to send stuff home too. Please don't tell me about DHL or FedEx. I am looking for something more economical--like a boat. Anyone know of a way to send 50-100 lbs of stuff to the US without paying an arm and a leg (un ojo de la cara)?

I sent my stuff from NY to Rio via boat, 2 wardrobe boxes FILLED, it took 3months and $500. I think it would be better to look for a company in the US that ships here than the other way around.

nyer4ever can you tell me the company I have to ship from NYC to Europe, have looked but there seems to be hundered of websites and they're not nice to look at :p

NYC to Europe is a piece of cake. South America is complicated..the company I used to get things to Brasil is now under an FBI investigation (cue: awkward silence)

When I lived in the UK I sent everything back and forth no problems with USPS. But it was "stuff" not furniture. This place has a good rep, but I haven't used them. http://www.gonavis.com

Also, if you go to the UPS site the rates for cargo don't seem bad ... but I don't know what you're shipping.

Watching thread. It would be useful to know what companies transport to & from Argentina or Uruguay

There are several ocean cargo shipping companies here, most of them located in downtown BA.
Contact a "despachante de aduanas" or anybody with connections so they could refer you to a reliable company. There are a lot of crooks in this enviroment though.

A consolidation of such a small amount in a container would be expensive. More stuff coming this way. I have a friend who owns an air freight company. PM me if you want more details.

This is a fun post:
I use to run an "Int´l air courrier" at Mia to almost all Latam & N.Y.-
I have contactacs to ship worldwide yet.
regards
Fredd

Back