Sending texts from website

mle267

Registered
Hi again-
I appreciate everyone's help on this site. I was wondering if people from the US can send text messages to a Claro phone # here? I know movistar has that ability... thanks again!

It is possible but the receiver is charged the price of the SMS : it's an "opt-in" option, what means that the receiver in Argentina needs to tell Claro that he accepts receiving SMS that way.
If he does not, then the SMS will not be delivered

I was able to do it fine from the Claro site when I was in the States.

French jurist said:
It is possible but the receiver is charged the price of the SMS : it's an "opt-in" option, what means that the receiver in Argentina needs to tell Claro that he accepts receiving SMS that way.
If he does not, then the SMS will not be delivered

I've never opted in and have received messages from the site, don't think I was charged?

jez said:
I've never opted in and have received messages from the site, don't think I was charged?

It's strange because someone posted like two months ago a link to a site that allows to send SMS to any cell in Argentina, and I autotested it and it didn't work.
Later, I tried sending myself a SMS directly from the Claro website and it didn't work neither.
Then I searched for info and realized that there was this opt-in thing.
Maybe is it opt-out then ? But I never opted-out neither.

Well, anyway, it's doable and if it doesn't work, the OP should ask the receiver to contact Claro to allow such SMS.

Back