Sending Things To Europe - What Is The Best Option?

mllesnäll

Registered
I am looking to send some things to Europe , the amount of say a couple of suitcases. The time frame is not so important but security and price is.

Any suggestions and experiences?

Many thanks!

Use an independent air freight forwarder. yes it is expensive , but the security is assured . You get what you pay for. or you do not get it at all.

I have used LAN Airlines to ship, its very affordable compared to other methods. They should have a shipping office at the airport. For your small amount you could just pay the extra baggage fee at the airport, assuming you are also flying to Europe.

Thanks for your answers :) !
Re LAN, I guess you need to fly with them to use this service. I am currently checking the offers of the airlines, you are right this is the best option i think.

You don't have to fly with LAN to ship, the shipping part of LAN Cargo is separate, unless you are going to put boxes on the plan as extra baggage. The airport has a LAN Cargo shipping office to contact. You need to box up items good (strong corrugated boxes and tightly packed) and be sure there are no liquids or batteries (other dangerous chemicals). It takes a few days (3-5) to get to the destination and you pick it up at the other end. They have an online tracking system to follow the luggage. Just ship ahead so you can pick it up after you arrive, probably not going to be able to time it exactly.

Back