Servicio domestico in times of Covid

Alpinista

Registered
Is anyone using a maid / cleaning lady at home at the moment? I was googling a bit whether they are already allowed but the information I found is not very conclusive....
We have a house (tipo chorizo) in CABA, and looking for someone who is keeping it clean; for now the idea is having someone without much contact (the structure of the house would allow this). Probably reduced hours for now, afterwards full time.
Also any references regarding the salaries? What I heard is roughly about 20k plus per month (up to 30k). Someone even told me that big houses are paying up to 45k a month which I found quite high.
How do you contract someone? Ideally I assume based on personal recommendations, but if that is not available are there any agencies etc you can recommend?

Better to do it en-blanco if it will be a regular thing and make sure you have liability insurance. You can have the same problems either way, since they have the same rights even if en-negro and can exercise them retroactively, plus the headache of having evaded taxes and social contributions etc as an employer. The biggest headaches that often arise is the employee taking "sick leave" for an extended period of time while you need to keep paying. Also by doing it en-blanco you are being responsible and making sure they have access to retirement social security in future, something the desperate and poor often don't think of in the moment if someone is offering them cash in hand take it or leave it.

Better to do it en-blanco if it will be a regular thing and make sure you have liability insurance. You can have the same problems either way, since they have the same rights even if en-negro and can exercise them retroactively, plus the headache of having evaded taxes and social contributions etc as an employer. The biggest headaches that often arise is the employee taking "sick leave" for an extended period of time while you need to keep paying. Also by doing it en-blanco you are being responsible and making sure they have access to retirement social security in future, something the desperate and poor often don't think of in the moment if someone is offering them cash in hand take it or leave it.
Thanks. Yes it is our intention to do it "en blanco". I think it is to the advantage of both parties

the lady that cleans my place still isn't coming. my understanding is it isn't on the list of exceptions.

I've continued paying her though. before covid it was about 300/hr every 2 weeks. given the economic circumstances I'm paying her more now by transfers to help her out.

My mother in law has a carer/cleaner/cook who is legit and hasn't stopped working at all since the nonsense started back in March. I'll ask the wife but I'm sure she got some sort of document allowing her.

Law says NO, for now, unless the cleaning person lives where he/she/it works.

If said individual is legally registered with Afip, you should pay as if work was done, even if person doesn't show up. Many are stuck in this situation.

Cleaning ladies are not allowed to use public transportation, so far.

You could hire someone and be taken advantage of, if you do all the paperwork and person never shows up but demands payment.

Ask you Encargado for a reference of someone in the area. They usually have the right information.

Iz

I read a week or so ago that cleaners who LIVE in CABA are supposedly allowed to work in CABA now with some protocols and restrictions, however as stated already, they cannot use public transport which may limit options.

I am again seeing many cleaners hanging off the side of high-rise buildings cleaning the exterior windows again... oy.

^^^^^^ Those types of cleaners, not the household kind but the building maintenance type, are now part of the Essential Ones, and are permited to work and fare in public transportation.

Janitors are not defined as such but included in the Limpieza added category.

Iz

what are the rules for cleaners one uses once a month for 4 hours.

Back