Sharing Various Interesting Stats

nikad

Registered
I found this website with all types of stats from different countries. Includes prices, health, crime, etc. I checked prices for Argentina, and they seem to be close to reality, so my guess is that it is a good resource to keep.

http://www.numbeo.com/common/

I was basically researching teaching English opportunities in other countries, South Korea in particular, they seem to be offering some crazy perks and good money.

excellent data , have one question should use $5,6 pesos to the dollar to convert the prices?

Daily recommended minimum amount of money for food per person
Monthly recommended minimum amount of money for food per person
(assuming 31 days per month) 229.01 $

I think this is a bit high at the blue dollar rate - if only cooking at home, that is. If you are going out once a week and order food once or twice a week is dead on right.

Daily recommended minimum amount of money for food per person
Monthly recommended minimum amount of money for food per person
(assuming 31 days per month) 229.01 $

I think this is a bit high at the blue dollar rate - if only cooking at home, that is. If you are going out once a week and order food once or twice a week is dead on right.

I feel that $50 pesos a day is a minimum to eat for one person. at home, minestrone and lentil cacerole,,,,!! no Lomo .... eating out as $100 per outing is OUT..... say $1500 pesos or US$267 at the official rate....!!

... eating out as $100 per outing is OUT...
Eating out doesn't have to be more expensive than eating at home. You just prepare your food and bring it to the nearest park or plaza :p ;)

Eating out doesn't have to be more expensive than eating at home. You just prepare your food and bring it to the nearest park or plaza :p ;)

jOHN you may be correct ... I order delivery from around the corner , pollo al horno con papas $38 pesos, almost same as cooking at home for one person...! If I go to the cafe and eat there, add a soft drink $18 plus service charge $12 plus tip comes to a grand total of $75 pesos....!! Delivery is the key....

jOHN you may be correct ... I order delivery from around the corner , pollo al horno con papas $38 pesos, almost same as cooking at home for one person...! If I go to the cafe and eat there, add a soft drink $18 plus service charge $12 plus tip comes to a grand total of $75 pesos....!! Delivery is the key....

I often do this as well. You also save the markup on the wine, as we have a good shop near us in the Botánico.

I found this website with all types of stats from different countries. Includes prices, health, crime, etc. I checked prices for Argentina, and they seem to be close to reality, so my guess is that it is a good resource to keep.

http://www.numbeo.com/common/

I was basically researching teaching English opportunities in other countries, South Korea in particular, they seem to be offering some crazy perks and good money.

Not wanting to hyjack this but could you share info about teaching English in Korea. It's for my son. PM would be fine. Thanks.

Not wanting to hyjack this but could you share info about teaching English in Korea. It's for my son. PM would be fine. Thanks.

I have an acquaintance who runs an English-language school in Korea, if you want to send me a private message. I have no idea whether he has job openings.

Back