Shipping Books Back To The Us

sleslie23

Registered
Hello,

I need to figure out a way to get a bunch of books back to the US. No, it's not an option to get rid of them.

It doesn't matter if it takes a while for them to get there as long as they eventually get there! I have close to 300.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I believe you can speak to a mover and they can combine it with someone else's stuff being shipped to the US. My friend re patriated back to the uS a year ago and purchased some container space to ship his valuable art collection back by boat. Wasn't too bad, especially compared to air freight. But probably will cost you more than the books are worth. I'm assuming these books have very special meaning for you.

Do you happen to know the name of the mover?

It's not that they have special meaning, but a specific use. Most are works of anthropology, linguistics, cognitive science, and the history of science - related to that PhD I'll probably never get around to doing.

The books with special meaning are coming with me on the plane. :)

Really sorry, I don't. But I can try and send my friend an email asking for it if he still has it. You can probably try the thread on movers on this site, too.

Hello,

I need to figure out a way to get a bunch of books back to the US. No, it's not an option to get rid of them.
It doesn't matter if it takes a while for them to get there as long as they eventually get there! I have close to 300.
Any recommendations?
Thanks!

Yes, you do "need to figure out a way" but you're not doing it. It's so simple to do a Goggle search and see what comes up. "Movers Buenos Aires to USA" came up with http://moverworldwide.com/buenos_aires_international_s_r_l.htm

You can get an estimate online by completing the form. Since you were going to work on a PhD, you can probably handle the form.

One of my friends moved back to the US in November. Shipped 30 medium and large sized boxes by sea freight (the least expensive option) which takes about 3 months to arrive to New York. They supplied and packed the boxes in Buenos Aires (this is required for international moving) and took care of all the red tape with customs. Cost was $19,600 pesos YES NINETEEEN THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED PESOS, plus $3,000 U$D YES THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS for the shipping. To have the movers pick up the boxes from the dock and deliver them to his apartment in New York City was $600 U$D or free to pick them up himself. I would put them in suitcases and take them back with me. Each suitcase will cost you around $150 dollars. It will cost you less than this even with the excess luggage fees. By the way that was the lowest quote he found. The name of the company is "DINAMO LOGISTICA"

I would put them in suitcases and take them back with me. Each suitcase will cost you around $150 dollars. It will cost you less than this even with the excess luggage fees. By the way that was the lowest quote he found. The name of the company is "DINAMO LOGISTICA"

Thanks David. My plan A is to take a few suitcases each time I am back. I was just curious if shipping them was cheaper. For that price I could fly business and still come out ahead. :)

Back