Shoe Shine

STElmoFranco

Registered
Hi,

Really random question. Where can I get a pair of shoes shined in the downtown area in Buenos Aires? I wandered around the centro yesterday thinking there would probably be someone catering to business people, but couldn't find one. It might have been too late in the day or just because it was a Friday.

At the subway stations in the downtown there are small booths for that. Sometimes you will see men sitting right next to the stairs of subway stations in the downtown too. I do not think they work during the weekends though...

Anyone come across any shoe shiners around the Palermo area, or are most of them downtown?

Corrientes + Florida and Corrientes + Carlos Pellegrini come to mind.

Av. Corrientes & Rodriguez Peña, you'll find a guy with the devices to make your shoes look like Gary Glitter's :)

I get mine shined once a fortnight with this guy sitting along Florida street across from Cafe Florida... I feel he does a much better job than other guys on Cordoba and Florida. Costs 15 pesos...

STElmoFranco said:
Hi,

Really random question. Where can I get a pair of shoes shined in the downtown area in Buenos Aires? I wandered around the centro yesterday thinking there would probably be someone catering to business people, but couldn't find one. It might have been too late in the day or just because it was a Friday.

Florida & Diagonal Norte, in front of the Farmacity in the corner. It's a booth on the sidewalk, between the subte entrance and the traffic light (http://www.clarin.com/ciudades/lustrabotas-dejo-cajon-vereda-puesto_0_404359626.html)

There's another "lustrabotas" place inside Galería Güemes (Florida 165), if I remember correctly they're kind of hidden next to one of the elevators/stairs on your left (if walking from Florida to San Martín).

And I think there's usually another one sitting next to the entrance/steps of Standard Bank in Florida & Diagonal Norte.

Back