Shopping Q

senielsen

Registered
Hi All,

Any advice on shopping for people who are above a US size 8? My mom's coming to visit and I wasn't sure of the stores or particular barrios to go to since even in the malls they have up to Medium and that's it.

Thanks!
Sarah

The main clothing brands for plus size women are portofem and mammy blue. Mammy blue has a store next to alto palermo, portofem has a big store in belgrano.

Many boutiques with clothes from coreatown have a small section with plus size clothing, lower quality and prices.

Maria Cher has a line of clothes than can fit a woman size 8 or 10.

Dont except variety, prices and quality like in Europe or USA.

Yagmour is supposed to have sizes beyond M.

A friend of mine runs AnyBodyArgentina -- an NGO that, amongst other things, is fighting for proper sizing in Argentina. Their facebook page may list some of the other places that they are happy with https://www.facebook.com/anybodyargentina

Yagmour is supposed to have sizes beyond M.

A friend of mine runs AnyBodyArgentina -- an NGO that, amongst other things, is fighting for proper sizing in Argentina. Their facebook page may list some of the other places that they are happy with https://www.facebook...nybodyargentina
I follow this NGO, it recently published that only 5 brands offer all sizes clothing in Argentina.

Argentina has one if the fastest growing rates of obesity in the world. Save for a public health miracle by Macri's administration, I'm sure that soon a lot more than 5 brands will be offering plus sized clothing.

Argentina has one if the fastest growing rates of obesity in the world. Save for a public health miracle by Macri's administration, I'm sure that soon a lot more than 5 brands will be offering plus sized clothing.
What are you talking about? The increase in obesity is directly caused by the Macri administration's anti-democratic, tyrannical policies.

Guess you haven't been keeping up.

Is above a U.S. size 8 really considered plus size these days? Yikes! For some reason, that makes me want to eat chocolate.

I'm more or less a size 6/8, and I used to have a huge problem finding clothes that fit in Argentina...I would always end up with a saleslady poking her head in the dressing room and then screaming MAS GRANDE out to her assistants. (Fun!). I think the mid level quality stores that aren't too trendy are your best bet...Portsaid, Chocolate, Kill, Awada. They usually have 44s, even sometimes a 46, which I think is akin to US 10. Those shops are everywhere, so I would go to Alto Palermo or Paseo Alcorta for the biggest selection.

U.S.size 10-12 is average not plus size. Plus size is above 14-16.
I find it very difficult to find clothes small enough here.

I'm more or less a size 6/8, and I used to have a huge problem finding clothes that fit in Argentina...I would always end up with a saleslady poking her head in the dressing room and then screaming MAS GRANDE out to her assistants. (Fun!).

You should always start with the bigger there is and then scream SMALLER PLEASE!
Personally, I hate shopping, but when I do I try to make it as little uncomfortable as possible.

Back