Short backpack trip. Thinking Mendoza and Cordoba.

TehDeej

Registered
Hello,

I'm thinking of taking a brief trip out of the city. I was thinking about a week and a half in the beginning of November. Does that seem like sufficient time to visit these two location?

Also, money is a consideration, I'm not a big wine drinker. I'll take overnight buses. That all being said, are there any places I might like better for this trip?

I would love to go to the South but it looks way to far away for the time that I am allowing.

Let me know your opinions.

Thanks,

D.J.

I would focus on one of those areas with only 10 days or so. Villa General Belgrano, Villa Alpina and La Cumbrecita are good bases for hikes including el Cerro Champaqui, the highest peak in Cordoba. La Sierra de la Quijadas National Park looks great too in nearby San Luis province.

In Cordoba, Parque Nacional de Quebrada del Condorito and the climbing area at Las Gigantes are good aventure spots as well. You can camp at the Parque Condorito and then continue over the mountain to the tiny only-dirt-roads town of Nona. Buses run frequently.

Towards the north of the province, in the Sierras Chicas, the towns of Capilla del Monte and San Marcos have a relaxed hippy vibe. Both have lovely municipal campgrounds.

Back