Short-Term Coworking?

aimee

Registered
So I just got to Buenos Aires a couple of days ago and am temporarily in an AirBnB situation until I can figure things out. I work remotely as a software engineer and the AirBnB has a fairly terrible Internet situation (like 1.5Mbps down, 2 up)... not really much I can do about it. I'm off work for a week but am not having much luck finding a place that I can work from... I'm not even expecting a lot. I just need at minimum somewhere I can go once or twice a week that will give me enough bandwidth to take part in an audio-only Google hangout call.

Some of the coworking spaces I checked out online (AreaTres, for example) require 3 month minimums. I contacted UrbanStation but got no reply. Are there any other places worth looking into? I'm in Recoleta. Not expecting northern Europe-quality Internet... I've lived in Peru and South Africa so I know what to expect in general, but even like 5Mbps down would be an enormous upgrade from what I'm experiencing.

UrbanStation does hourly passes, you can get 20h or 40h. Eg. UrbanStation Hollywood is very central, just head over there and talk to the receptionist, she should be able to help you.

UrbanStation does hourly passes, you can get 20h or 40h. Eg. UrbanStation Hollywood is very central, just head over there and talk to the receptionist, she should be able to help you.

Oh, well that is just wonderful news :D Thanks for explaining!

Starbucks in Palermo Soho is where I work when I do home office. Internet is reliable. On the corner of Malabia and El Salvador. There is an Urban Station a block away as well. Both are good.

Yeah, there are urban statons almost everywhere, real
Oh, well that is just wonderful news :D Thanks for explaining!

np - there's a couple of them around so pick whichever is most convenient for you.

Back