Short-Term Visitor

royk

Registered
Hey everybody -

Just wanted to drop in and say hello :) I am visiting BsAs for about 10 days (with an eye for a longer return if I love the city) and was wondering if anybody knew any private tango lessons for guys? I realize I could go for the milongas and such, but I've been more of a private lesson type of guy :)

Thanks all - this forum's been a great read for me to get around this interesting city!

There are so many different instructors.... it is hard to make a suggestion. It depends on your level and on what you're willing to spend. Try to get hold of the most recent version of one of the free tango magazines in BA and see whether you find someone who seems appealing to you.

Is it true u meet sexy local girls when u take Tango lessons? Someone told me, thats the way to go? comments?

Is it true u meet sexy local girls when u take Tango lessons? Someone told me, thats the way to go? comments?
So, compadre, let's have some of that virile talk now.

Ever since I started to learn tango years ago, I have generally not felt attracted anymore by women who cannot dance. The girlfriends I've had since were all dancers, and it always happened by their iniative.

I never actively looked for 'sexy local girls' - if that's your only reason to dance tango (I've come to guess some men really do), you're not going to succeed. However, if you work hard and really become a self-confident dancer, you will probably get more female attention as a side effect. That's how it works in life, be it guitar playing, dancing or unbeatable cunnilingus skills. You always gotta prove yourself in a way.

Among us men it is a well-known fact that women are interested in men with dance skills. Tango helps making you more sensible and elegant (and in my opinion also more of a classic gentleman in appearance), which is something most of us lack nowadays, because for no apparent reason dancing is frowned upon nowadays as something exclusively for gay people. This stereotype keeps a lot of men from trying it out, especially in US/Northern European cultures.

Just try some classes. I recommend the DNI tango school if you're just looking for a cheap group class with a lively, young (over)crowd. Just to see whether it's something for you. Lindy hop (swing dancing) is also getting more popular nowadays.

I have two left feet. Does it mean, my future is doomed and I will remain single for the rest of my life?

I have two left feet. Does it mean, my future is doomed and I will remain single for the rest of my life?
You can easily change something about those two left feet, which is another usual argument why men don't dance. Like sex, you just have to go out there and learn things, don't just take current situations for granted.

However, to answer the first question as well, your future is doomed (I am a very good psychic).

Anyway, to be serious. I've come accross situations like the following:

So you're in the company of people you don't know, the only girl among them isn't interested in you at all. After you mention dancing tango as a hobby, she (non-dancer) suddenly gets hit by a full-fledged offensive of female hormones that produce completely different behaviour, including the immediate order to lead them steps and flirtatious tactics, which is rather awkward when you're already in a relationship.

Women are as arbitrary as English weather, but in these particular cases it may certainly come to your advantage.

They say money also works, in case your two left feet are pressingly insisting on maintaining the status quo.

Back