Should I Bring My Ferrari With Me To Ba?

Musicman

Registered
Hi - just wondering whether this is a good idea or not - how are the streets in BA these days?

Are there many potholes? My car has a really low profile

Would I bring myself too much attention and perhaps risk my safety?

I really love my new car and would be lost without it - also are there any reliable dealers in town that offer a cost effective

Thanks in advance for any comments - realise this is quite a unique situation but hopefully somebody can help

Actually, yeah, bring it here. I suggest actually driving it all the way. If you can make it past the drug cartels in northern Mexico, the top notch roads in Central America, the high AND hot roads along the Andes, the death road in Bolivia, the safety of rural Paraguay... then you won't have to fear the crime and notoriety it would be subject to in Buenos Aires.

I thought this post was a prank or joke. I know of a plastic surgeon who leaves his Lamborghini parked in the streets of Buenos Aires. He said no one would steal it since it would e nearly impossible to sell on the black market. Too easy to trace. However that might not someone from scratching you car or stopping you at a red light with a gun pointed at your windshield to rob or kidnap you because they think you're loaded. I've seen it happen to a few friends of mine. They were only driving Chevrelots. Nothing fancy.

By the way, the city is full of potholes all over the place. So are the sidewalks so be prepared.

Hi - just wondering whether this is a good idea or not - how are the streets in BA these days?

Are there many potholes? My car has a really low profile

Would I bring myself too much attention and perhaps risk my safety?

I really love my new car and would be lost without it - also are there any reliable dealers in town that offer a cost effective

Thanks in advance for any comments - realise this is quite a unique situation but hopefully somebody can help
The auto situation has changed a lot in last 2-3 years, many Argies drive nice cars now. But this is a country where an older
Mercedes or a black Cherokee is considered a luxury car. You are going to have a lot of problems, the everywhere potholes
is the least of your problems. Well, I consider this is a prank. No more comment.

Musicman has been a member since 2011, but you've never read any posts in the forum about what Buenos Aires is like and the security situation here? Just curious.

Musicman has been a member since 2011, but you've never read any posts in the forum about what Buenos Aires is like and the security situation here? Just curious.
If you glance through other posts, he lived here for 8 years.

Back