Shower Filter from the US

CarlyB

Registered
Has anyone installed a shower filter purchased from the US? Just wondering how easy, difficult or even possible it would be...

Thanks,
cjb

How good a plumber are you?
Pipes are pipes, and the pipe threads in argentina are NOT metric, for various weird historical reasons.
So if you bring a filter down, you should be able to find the right adapters and fittings to hook it up.
Might take some back and forth with the plumbing supply guys- I have found them to be pretty easy to deal with assuming you are willing to work with em.
My industrial spanish is basic, but they always bear with me and help me figure out what I need- I didnt personally do all the plumbing in my place, but I have had to do a fair amount of repairs and misc stuff, and its not any different from plumbing anywhere else.

Of course, I keep tools in my departmento, and have been working with metal and fixing buildings for 30 years or so, so it seems pretty basic to me.
Doing it yourself, assuming you have the tools, should be a few dollars in fittings, and a bit of work. Depends if you need to cut and solder copper, or cut and glue plastic, or assemble steel pipe- and that depends on the plumbing already in your place.

If you have to hire it done, expect prices to be commensurate with your naivete- that is, if you can reasonably understand what you want done, and communicate it in spanish to a plumber, and then watch to see that he does it, you will only pay a small "expat" markup over standard prices.
If you have no idea the difference between a pipe wrench and a screwdriver, and you dont speak any spanish, well, caveat emptor.

what is a shower filter? I have installed a US electronic bidet on one of the toilets at my house, just amazing! Not sure why they don't exist here it would sell great!

AlfajorEfi said:
...I have installed a US electronic bidet on one of the toilets at my house, just amazing! Not sure why they don't exist here it would sell great!

Because most bathrooms come equiped with a regular bidet already? Or don't they fit them in the new-builds anymore?

I mean because it's so popular here (regular bidet) for new constructions it makes more sense to use the electronic one which doesn't take extra space, has more features and costs much less..

Please advise the ignorant.

1. What is a shower filter?
2. What is an electronic bidet?

The bidet is one thing I haven't assimilated... :) Electronics in the bathroom is pretty fancy - I suppose people prefer the versatility and dependability of the traditional bidet. I like to use it to wash my feet or small clothes.

The shower filter is a good idea if you have hard water or chlorine! It may just make the massive list of "things-to-take-back" when I return.

LOL they are super popular in Japan though.

Shower filter-is that like a water softner? Can't you find that here?

Back