skim milk available in BsAs???

wlmille

Registered
hi guys, could somebody tell me if skim milk or low-fat milk available in BsAs supermarkets? if so, what's the spanish label?

Thanks!

Look for the green carton called SER - other brands like Serenissima and Sancor are usually only available in parcialmente descremada or semi-skimmed...

San Cor makes 0% Leche. It is skim milk. Look for the pink box - usually not with the cold milk.

Read carefully the label.

Leche descremada is any milk that has AT LEAST 2% of fat so, most skim-milks are 2%.

You didnt ansk, but I suggest you to try buying powered mild, which you will disolve with very cold water. I think this one is much better as you are sure it lacks of antibiotics and conservatives (it is just dry milk)

(Unfortunately for me) there is more fatfree milk in Argentina than normal one. The fatest is 3%, which is even reduced in fat. In Europe I used to drink 3,8% which is I think the natural version.
So for you there will be no problem!
Also cheese and other milkproducts are offered in a fat reduced version, don´t worry;-)
But Roxana, why is powdered milk free of antibiotics, is that not made of fresh milk?

Julia2, the very fresh milk "goes" through the mill to become a powder, so it is never in touch with antibiotics or preservatives.

There were cases of children with diarrheia that drank fresh milk (with antibiotics) and they kept being sick. When the sick child drank milk coming from powered milk, the diarrheia dissapeared immediately. The child recovered because didnt receive more antibiotics through the fresh milk.

Back