SkipLagged Flights, Cheaper Air Fares, Risky?

Rich One

Registered
Would like to hear experiences from Forum members with Skiplagging.

"A hidden-city flight is a flight where you get off at the layover rather than the final destination.
For example, a flight from New York to Orlando might be $250, but a similar flight from New York to Dallas with a layover in Orlando might be $130. If you’re going to Orlando, we’ll show you both flights. If you choose the cheaper one, you get off the plane at the layover (Orlando) rather than going to the final ticketed destination (Dallas").
This is perfectly legal and the savings can be significant, but there are some things to be aware of:

i have no personal experience doing it, i feel like i have read before that if the airlines catch on to you doing this repeatedly it can be problematic.

i have no personal experience doing it, i feel like i have read before that if the airlines catch on to you doing this repeatedly it can be problematic.

Lufthansa is suing a passenger that bought a NY-Frankfurt-.Oslo ticket and disembarked in Frankfurt and continued to Berlin on a separate ticket with Lufthansa..? dumm.

Last edited:
An interesting feature of skiplagged.com is you can select Ezeiza as origin and Anywhere as destination and will give you more than 20 choices!

Guess if you use it a couple of times a year?

Last edited:
An interesting feature of skiplagged.com is you can select Ezeiza as origin and Anywhere as destination and will give you more than 20 choices!

Guess if you use it a couple of times a year?
You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking of such a thing!!:)

From what can be found on google, Lufthansa sued the passenger because he skipped the last leg ***and*** flew to another German city, also on Lufthansa. It is unclear whether they would have known if he had used other airline, and also what would happen if you simply not fly further at your layover destination.

From what can be found on google, Lufthansa sued the passenger because he skipped the last leg ***and*** flew to another German city, also on Lufthansa. It is unclear whether they would have known if he had used other airline, and also what would happen if you simply not fly further at your layover destination.

So when he didn't board the Franfurt/Oslo leg, or the Oslo/Frankfurt leg, Lufthansa held his Franfurt/NY seat even though at that point they knew he had done a hidden city maneuver?

So when he didn't board the Franfurt/Oslo leg, or the Oslo/Frankfurt leg, Lufthansa held his Franfurt/NY seat even though at that point they knew he had done a hidden city maneuver?

Not really they claim if you miss a leg the ticket is cancelled..?

Back