SkipLagged Flights, Cheaper Air Fares, Risky?

Right, that was my understanding. They cancel the ticket. So I don't see how this scheme would ever work.

"According to a court document, a male passenger whose name was not given booked a flight RT from Oslo to Seattle, which had a stopover in Frankfurt. The passenger made the entire journey on the outbound flight, but did not take the flight back from Frankfurt to Oslo. Instead, he traveled on another Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to Berlin."

Like I said, it seems Lufthansa "caught" him because no only he flew from the layover destination but even more because he used the same airline. Had he used another airline, it would be more likely for him to get away with it. And even more if he had not flown (e.g. simply stay, or ride a bus or train, or rent a car).

Like I said, it seems Lufthansa "caught" him because no only he flew from the layover destination but even more because he used the same airline. Had he used another airline, it would be more likely for him to get away with it. And even more if he had not flown (e.g. simply stay, or ride a bus or train, or rent a car).

This. Exactly.

It’s not really practical to go after people who miss connections. That’s why you don’t see any attempts at enforcement unless it’s a repeat offender (enough of a repeat offender to clearly establish that this is no accident), or when there’s a dead giveaway such as in this case.

Buenos Aires when you think about it is a pretty globally isolated city. There isn't a lot of places a flight itinerary may fly to with BA as a stopover that would make getting off somehow cheaper. In fact flights involving Argentina usually come at a premium.

If you want to save look at going Brazil then finding a way to or from Argentina from there.

Back