Small World Money Transfer

gracielle

Registered
Thank you, lost, for the information. I started a separate thread so people can post their experiences, opinions, etc.
On May 26, 2020 posted by lost on Western Union Money Transfer thread:
....has anyone tried Small World Money Transfer to send money to Argentina? They might be an alternative to WU.

Covid-19 Small World Service status update as of 20pm 21/05/2020
Argentina
Some offices of Argenper have been reopened in Argentina to pay Cash Pick-up transactions.
Latin Express has few payment points enabled with reduced hours for cash pick-up payments. Clients can contact call center line: 52381000 to get information about reopened offices

Last edited:
I used Small World for several years. Very simple process and just go to Argenper to pick up. Argenper will usually contact you through WhatsApp when your money is ready (I think it's around 24 hours). However, if you have a large amount, you may have to tell them and they give you a time to go to your nearest office.

When I first started using Small World/Argenper, there was not contact of confirmation. When Small World told me the money was ready, I would head to Argenper. My nearest office is in Liniers (pretty bad location to be honest) and sometimes they would not have enough money. I would either have to wait a few hours or come back.

The whole process was then overhauled. Firstly, Argenper updated all its offices so they look modern and clean. Having said that, you'd be surprised how quickly those new offices started to look tired, but still a vast improvement on what they were. Then they started informing clients their money is ready. This lets you arrange when to go to ensure there's enough cash or to arrange to go to a different office (I would sometimes go to the central office). Sometimes it can get crowded in Argenper offices and I have had to wait over an hour more than once. It's not so bad since they modernized, with air con and TVs in the offices.

If you want to beat the crowds (a lot of people sending money to Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia etc), avoid Monday's and Friday's and try to get to the office as early as possible. They pay money out between 11am and 4pm Mon-Sat (unless things have changed over the last year). So, if you go there around 10:45am, you will likely be first and they may even pay you early.

As for Small World, it is fast and efficient, but it never had the very best rates (but close enough). I would do a transfer early in the morning and by around 11am it would be paid to Argenper and I would just be waiting for confirmation their end. However, the official time for transfers is 24 hours. On the occasion the money was not ready after 24 hours (once or twice) I contacted them through live chat support on their site and the situation was resolved with no fuss.

Has anyone tried with Small World to send it directly to a bank account?

Back