Smart money logistics?

The fees are very high for non-residents, 100 USD per month if you keep less than 50,000 USD. Looking at their fees, it's definitely not a bank for mere peasants like myself.
OK....how about Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria Uruguay S.A. (BBVA Uruguay) with branches in Montevideo and Colonia?
Fees:

Last edited:
I noticed whilst waiting in the "rapid" checkout line at Carrefour that they were advertising $5000 available cash when using a debit card with a (0.01) charge. I'm guessing this is only for Argentine debit cards but I might give it a shot next time.

I noticed whilst waiting in the "rapid" checkout line at Carrefour that they were advertising $5000 available cash when using a debit card with a (0.01) charge. I'm guessing this is only for Argentine debit cards but I might give it a shot next time.
Last Thursday I shopped at the CARREFOUR Hiper Market in Microcentro. I asked the clerk if the $5000 peso cash advance with purchase applied when paying with foreign debit cards. Her answer was NO. Only when using the local cards.

If someone has the time to spend going to Colonia plus the cost of the ferry may be from US$70 to US$100 depending on line and day of the week, etc

A good option if you know some one that needs to buy dollars (an individual/relative your doctor/attorney, your neighbour, your landlord, or cueva/financial outfit) that Will cash your US personal check..! They can deposit your check in their US account the same day with a reader..!

Must ask around and find out . If you know your landlord or someone for a long time...! and are a long time resident here!

Now with the new Dollar purchasing restrictions, the option for you to transfer dollars, to someone here with a US dollar account becomes more relevant..! (Based on Trust) You may ask for the pesos first..!! or do a simultaneous transaction..!

Back