So Now That Argentines Can "buy Dollars"....

doubleup_dan

Registered
So now that Argentines can "buy Dollars" what does that mean for tourists?

Can I go and buy dollars as a tourist??

No, you can't. You must have a CUIT/CUIL and have had a minimum net income of ARS 7,200 for the past 12 months. And even so, the amount you'd be authorized to buy would be 20% of that income.

EDIT: ...If you do get authorized... AFIP still determines how much you can exchange (20% is the limit, it doesn't mean they will actually let you exchange that much). Also, once you're authorized, add 20% to the official exchange rate (USD 1 = ARS 9,6 currently), unless you want to keep the dollars you buy in an Argentine bank for a year, in that case USD 1 = ARS 8.

Or can buy from Argentineans reselling at $11.50 or more? making close to $2 pesos per dollar not bad!
on 2000 dollars can make 4000 pesos per month, can pay the rent with that.

Or can buy from Argentineans reselling at $11 or more? making close to $3 pesos per dollar not bad!
on 2000 dollars can make 6000 pesos per month, can pay the rent with that.

An Argentine wanting to buy dollars and get their hands on the money immediately (ie. not leaving it in the bank for one year) with have to pay the '20% recarga' so that's 9.6 pesos per dollar so reselling at 11 they will make just 1.4 pesos per dollar

An Argentine wanting to buy dollars and get their hands on the money immediately (ie. not leaving it in the bank for one year) with have to pay the '20% recarga' so that's 9.6 pesos per dollar so reselling at 11 they will make just 1.4 pesos per dollar

Jezz You are right I corrected my previos posting but it holds true anyhow since the Blue dollar is ·$12,02 now !!!!
12 minus 9,6 equals 2,4 pesos per dollar profit.!
$

Jezz You are right I corrected my previos posting but it holds true anyhow since the Blue dollar is ·$12,02 now !!!!
12 minus 9,6 equals 2,4 pesos per dollar profit.!
$

So i guess the question becomes, is it worth the trouble, knowing that there's a limit on dollars that can be purchased, and knowing that in a year the dollar might be worth that extra 2.4 pesos anyway?

Lol so 2.4 pesos more per dollar that you're stuck with trying to get rid of! Who wants even MORE pesos on their hands? Not I!!

Assuming you need pesos to live, what investment can give you say 4,800 pesos on 2000 dollars with an investment of 19,200 pesos in one day ! Or 25 %.. :cool:

Back