Solidarity in time of need

Davidglen77

Registered
I think it would be nice to lend a helping hand to this person. She is a business owner in the neighborhood where my shop is. Her name is Nora, from Tucuman. She has a little shop that sells cleaning supplies that opened just 1 year ago. She has 3 children. Her husband, a vibrant and loving husband and father suddenly died last week leaving her the sole breadwinner of 3 children ages 8, 12 & 16. This saturday (they are open half day on saturdays until 1pm) I would like to organize a visit to her store in Villa Urquiza, Giribone 2370 between Lugones & Av Triunvirato a block from Av. Los Incas. (the last stop on the 'B' subte)

This is her shop: www.limpissimo.com.ar

I am not asking for anybody to send any donations or anything like that, but in a time of need and sorrow like this it would be nice for the international community in Buenos Aires to help support her and her family by making a purchase at her shop.
I personally know this family and they are "salt of the earth" as we say in english. I am so sad about this but only god knows why these things happen and those that are left behind can only help and support those that are grieving in some small way.
And those who are not able to make it on Saturday, they are open every day of the week except Sundays.

How Sad :( I'll try to get over that way and make a purchase, I could use some cleaning rags and window cleaner. Thanks.

Thanks so much, Saturday, anytime before 1PM, once you come of the subway, walk one block up Av Triunvirato, past my shop and turn at the corner of Giribone, and the shop is in the middle of the block. Or if we can get a few people together, we can all go together.

What a nice thing to do.
If I can't make it this Saturday, I'll try to head over in the week.
I don't live too far away and am running low on cleaning supplies anyway.

Wow, sometimes this world is kinder than I thought it was. Thanks Dave.
I am very busy this Saturday, however I will keep the family and store in mind and next time I think about going to Carrefour for cleaning supplies I will make a better choice.

Thanks for the spirit Dave!

I wanted to say thanks once again to all for your responses and support! We really have a community here.

Just wanted to send a reminder for anybody that is able to come by Nora's shop this Saturday. Would be nice to see some of you. Thanks to all again who can participate.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Expat Life 5
Back