Some Of Your Favorite Things Around Bariloche?

mmoon

Registered
We are going back to Bariloche over the holidays, and would love to see some of the sights outside of the circuit of the Siete Lagos, Villa La Angostura, San Martin de los Andes world. We have also driven over the mountains to Chile (beautiful!) Anything we shouldn't miss this time around?

what do we like to do around here? Basically, kayaking, hiking and swimming or chilling on the beach. My husband is training to be a mountain guide so we have had the added incentive to have a look at the hikes around here with a more professional eye. My personal favorite is an overnight hike to a 'refugio' on the other side of the lake. It's a bit tricky to set up since one has to cross the lake by boat. I walked up to Cascada Inacayal today with the kids, that is easier but not as satisfying.

The all inclusive hotel on the Chilean side is good to. Although we have only spent the day there, it was a bit steep to spend the night.

Pizza and beer at Cerveceria Epulafquen.

And the hike to Cascada St. Ana some kilometers after passing the argentine border station.

There you have some of my gems.

What we missed when we went last year: El Bolsón. Why: we walked/hiked/drove/boated so many hours, by the time we were driving through El Bolsón on the way to El Chaltén, I really wanted to just walk around somewhere or lay out on a lawn at one of the many hostels there. Looked like a nice pleasant little town for that. And they have tons of fresh berries...yummay

We are going back to Bariloche over the holidays, and would love to see some of the sights outside of the circuit of the Siete Lagos, Villa La Angostura, San Martin de los Andes world. We have also driven over the mountains to Chile (beautiful!) Anything we shouldn't miss this time around?

We spent a Christmas at a camping in Lago Puelo, down by the lake. It was full och cherry trees. The smell of fermenting cherries put us off at first but after getting used to it we parked the defender under a huge tree, climbed up of the roof and ate cherries for a week. We were practically alone in the camping as well.
El Bolson has a nice market too.

El Bolsón was definitely on our list a few years back when we were last in the area, but we didn't make it. I seem to remember a bunch of raves on this site at the time. Do others think it's worth the trip?

Yes, if you are able to hike, there are many nice spots to visit. It doesn't have to be a multi-day backpack either.

http://www.trekbariloche.com

Back