Some Questions About A Retiree/pensionado Visa

Stantucker

Registered
My wife and I having been living in BA on a rentista visa since last July.

My wife turns 62 on June 5 and will starting receiving SS payments in August. I speak Spanish and I have been to migraciones a number of times already but I still do not have all our questions answered. Here are my questions:

1) Is an initial letter from the SS adminstration approving upcoming benefits enough for inmigration officials to award a retiree visa, or do we have to wait until her first check has already been deposited here and have proof of that before we can appply for the pensionado visa?

2) I thought I was told by an migraciones official that with a pensionado visa we would not have to bring into the country a specified amount of money each month. Is this true or do we need the equivalent of 30,000 pesos?

3) Does she have to use Macro Bank for the direct deposit or can we use another bank, like Banco Provincia, where we already have an acccount? We have gotten different answers to this question.

Thanks for your help.

Henry, thanks for your response.

The problem, I think, is that they will not give us the pensionado visa unless we are sending her SS benefits here each month. Am I wrong about that? At migraciones I thought they told me that you did not have to send a specific amount each month, if you are having retirement benefits sent here automatically.

Also, in a response that is not included here, I was told that you have to go somewhere in BA to get documentation that the SS benefits are for life? Does anyone know the name of that place?

Thanks!

Henry, thanks for your response.

The problem, I think, is that they will not give us the pensionado visa unless we are sending her SS benefits here each month. Am I wrong about that? At migraciones I thought they told me that you did not have to send a specific amount each month, if you are having retirement benefits sent here automatically.

Also, in a response that is not included here, I was told that you have to go somewhere in BA to get documentation that the SS benefits are for life? Does anyone know the name of that place?

Thanks!

SSA local office at the US Consulate will issue letter stating amount and state benefit are for life. Contact the US Consulate web page to request letter-

Back