Sound off. No use whatsoever!

fifs2

Registered
Forgive me for this sound off, which will likely have no use whatsoever for expats but I`m torn between tears and anger and bewilderment.

Metrogas came to my house and cut off the gas on the long holiday weekend, yes on Thursday 24th March between 10am and 3pm. What efficiency! The background is that after changing to new private metres in Jan. all gas works have to be inspected and whilst we did get our gas works completed by a gasista matriculada, submitted the necessary paperwork but we werent phsically at home on Thursday they cut us off - no hot water, no cooking facilities since last week and 2 small children in the house.
So the Metrogas office opens on Tues 29th and our gasista is first in the queue but he "Inspector" couldnt come today until 6.30pm so no gas, no hot water and no cooking all week. The inspector just left and me in tears with a screaming baby with 40 degrees fever. This guy did not want to approve the works -he came in with such a bad attitude whilst I was being all servile, with crying baby in arms. He ignored the work that had ben requested to be done as part of the initial works (new vents) and started listing new things no gasista matriculado has mentioned in 6 years working in the house - simple things like not having the water tanks key inside the area where the water tanks are. I begged him to allow me to have gas as these are admin issues and I have 2 small kids who havent had a bath since last week but he wouldnt listen. I called him every curse word I know and asked him to look at his kids all weekend knowing my sick baby has no hot water but he was a SOB who couldnt give a damn.
I genuinely love this country and defend its "laws" to locals but today was an example of pure inefficiency - a public company goes private but insists its works are carried out by officially qualified workers who then f**k up) and noone takes the blame ! Let me add that I know there have been people wo gas for 2 years in Bsas as a result of this scam wo gas for years but maybe today I have felt for them for the first time.
Sincerely, this country is fucked!

Back