South Africa

mc kenna

Registered
Just out of curiosity, anyone following what's going on there? if so, i'd like to read their opinions.
I don't know of any SouthAfrican expats to ask first hand, thanks

From what I've read about - it was gonna' get real dry and dangerous... but somehow they postponed the water crisis until 2019. Day 0 didn't happen yet. Just how reliable the reports of the situation are; I cannot say, but I had been following the issue for a few months because of the same problems that occured in São Paulo last year(s).
Argentines use 7x of water (all these poor dry sidewalks need daily watering, and 10 litres of water is fine for moving one leaf damit! :p ) over the world average - so it seemed pertinent in gauging how something like that would go 0ver here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-brink-how-cape-town-cracked-its-water-crisis

Uhm, well here there is 1000 times more water that is been wasted directly to the ocean every second than the water that get used in the city, after all water is in extreme abundance in this region, so mostly this kind of issues affect dry or very poor regions of the world. Hell even in the super dry desert side of Patagonia they manage to get water without so much of a hassle so i will be damned if they cannot get water in buenos aires one of the places in Argentina that has the most abundant source of water. Going back to this kind of problem in the world, i think technology will solve this issue not so long from now, with graphene filters more likely or some other technological advancement that will make dirty cheap to just filter salty water or contaminated water directly in your tap without risk or need of any kind of chemical, still is still not available this technology but im pretty confident that it will be not to long from this moment.

Water might not be the problem here, potable water is.
In this county you can drill down to about less than 10 feet and you'll find the first water table.
You would think is safe to drink, but it contains 8 times the allowance of arsenic for human consumption......even the second or third water table is contaminated with arsenic..... luckily city hall is acting like a stampede of furious turtles and sent a letter to the governor a year ago, after all, water is not that important ..... oh and we are still waiting to hear from the governor.....

In SA there is strict "gun control" laws now. The results?
An average of 21 murders a day!

Remember Henry, when commies kill, is revolution and it's justified, any other killing in self defense is genocide........ i learned that here eh:oops:

Back