Spanish and English theatre workshops for kids

lydiastevens

Registered
Bringing languages to life - Spanish and English theatre workshops for kids

The idea behind these theatre workshops is to bring language learning to life for children. Using songs, poems and short passages from Spanish or English language culture, the workshops give children the chance to learn and practice these languages and build their fluency in a fun, creative and supported environment.

Through these classes, your child will:
  • Find the FUN in learning a language;
  • Have the chance to talk a lot, improving fluency, pronunciation, and conversational skills;
  • Broaden vocabulary and practice new words;
  • Learn about English or Hispanic culture through texts, songs and poems;
  • Be taught grammar as and when it comes up in the texts;
  • Be creative!

Classes are planned and adapted according to current levels in the given language and age. Courses are flexible in terms of location and time, depending on interest. Courses are offered in both Spanish and English and they are also available for adults.

About Me:

I am a native English speaking actress from London, England with a 1st class degree in both Spanish and Portuguese from the University of Bristol, England. I have a great passion for the use of theatre in both educational and therapeutic environments and particularly believe in the value of theatrical techniques and training to aid fluency in a foreign language. I have worked on various theatre projects, both as an actress and as a director/producer, some of which were based in isolated and difficult communities in Brazil and Argentina. After completing a course in 'Applied Theatre and Dramatherapy' in the UK in 2011, I feel I have gained a deeper understanding of working in a range of environments as a theatre workshop facilitator. I also have a background in Communications and Fundraising for NGOs and cultural journalism, which I continue to work with here in Argentina. I moved back to Buenos Aires in October 2011, in order to develop my passion and knowledge of theatre and continue to pursue my own training in these fields as I find the cultural scene here in Argentina's capital to be extremely fresh and inspiring.

For more information about the courses and/or me, please contact:

[email protected]

Back