Spanish lessons & English books

peaco

Registered
Does anyone have a recommendation for inexpensive Spanish lessons?

Also, I brought a number of English novels/memoirs with me and would love to pass them along when I've finished. Does anyone know of a place where I might drop off used books and perhaps pick up more?

Hi Peaco
PM me for Spanish but affordable lessons. It'll be great you meet you and help you with your Spanish.
Kind regards,

Laly

I have a few books that I'd like to trade as well. I have a Best of the Lonely Planet Travel Writing (2010 I think) and Elizabeth Gilbert's Pilgrims. Any interest?

Thanks for getting back to me. I probably spoke too soon since I don't have many yet to trade (I only got here a few days ago so I'm still working my way through what I brought with me). I do have a legal thriller that I finished (just okay), and am nearly finished with Nuala O'Faolain's memoir, Are You Somebody? That one is really great. Also I just lent Bruce Chatwin's In Patagonia to a friend but will want to trade that one as well.

Walrus (http://walrus-books.com.ar/) is an English language used bookstore in San Telmo where you can trade in your new or used English language books for books you have not read. The web page will give you an email address but when I used it I never got a response. All the staff I have encountered there were fluent in English.

Bob

peaco said:
Does anyone have a recommendation for inexpensive Spanish lessons?

Also, I brought a number of English novels/memoirs with me and would love to pass them along when I've finished. Does anyone know of a place where I might drop off used books and perhaps pick up more?

Hi,

Thanks for your post. How much do you charge for lessons?

Peaco

I traded books in English/Spanish and even German at one of the stalls selling/buying books in Plaza Italia, you should give it a go.

Hi Uncle Dermot,

I will do that -- although now I have the problem that I loved my first books so much I don't want to give them up! but I will.

Back