Spanish Lessons Needed!

cthornton-smith

Registered
Hey everybody,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any (possibly free?!) Spanish lessons? My boyfriend and I tried out for some at a school in Belgrano, but the spaces all filled up, and we are desperate to find, at least cheap, classes.

We would really, really appreciate any advice anyone has to offer!!!

Thanks so much,
Charlotte

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I took a UBA (Universidad de Buenos Aires) course, Español para extranjeros and it was pretty good, especially for the price (which is in pesos, not dollars). They have 8 levels and a placement test. The next courses start October 20, and registration is usually the week before. Start here: [/background]http://www.idiomas.filo.uba.ar/

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any (possibly free?!) Spanish lessons? My boyfriend and I tried out for some at a school in Belgrano, but the spaces all filled up, and we are desperate to find, at least cheap, classes.

There is currently a free Spanish course at the International House in San Isidro, Tuesday (1PM-2.30PM) and Thursday (1PM-3PM). Just 1 block from San Isidro station (linea Mitre).
They don't explain the grammar, but you will get the chance to practice Spanish.

Watch television and listen to the radio to get accustomed to the sounds of the language.

Listen to people on the street, in cafes.

Find a neighbor who wants to improve their English while helping you learn Spanish.

Find a self-tutorial on the internet that you can do at your own pace. Then devote an hour or so each day to conversing in the language with your boyfriend.

You have the opportunity to do all of this without any cost. Total immersion in the language is the best way to learn. It all takes time. You improve in proportion to the time you practice. It takes time to think in a new language.

Go to the grocery store and read all the labeling on the food, packaging, etc. You can start building your vocabulary. Read signs everywhere and try to figure out what they say.

Adriana Crom!!
Recoleta! Reasonably priced! Amazing! Life saver!

PS search this forum under her name for way more details

Back