Spanish Schools Recommendations (Afternoon Classes?)

bgm

Registered
I know there are lots of posts here regarding Spanish schools. I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations in particular for Spanish schools with afternoon classes? I'm planning on taking classes through a Spanish school after I arrive next week and would prefer to do afternoon classes (or evening would be fine/better but I haven't found anywhere that offers evenings for more than a couple hours a week)... I notice that some places don't list afternoon classes at all, and I wonder whether at the places they do have them they are less well attended (so that it would be harder to have a good match at my level (intermediate) and harder to meet people.) My primary reason for starting out through a Spanish school for a few weeks is to meet people (I will probably switch to a private teacher after awhile since I think one-on-one is more effective), so ideally the school would have a bunch of events/activities scheduled in a way that afternoon students could participate, etc.

So I'm interested if you know of good schools that 1) have afternoon classes at all; and 2) work well for afternoon students as far as meeting and getting to know people?

(Thoughts on Expanish in particular are welcomed... it's convenient to where I'm staying my first couple weeks and seems like it's big enough that there'd be a lot of afternoon students, but I've also read some bad reviews about them, so I'm torn. Or places nearby where I'll be volunteering, around Corrientes and Callao. But other locations are definitely fine, I don't know where I'll be living after the first two weeks and I'm willing to commute a while for a place that's a good fit.)

Also, do schools tend to be open on Sundays to stop by and sign up? Or if I stop by a morning-classes-only school on Monday afternoon, will I probably be able to arrange something even though the week has started? Or should I really just try to arrange the first week over the internet sight unseen since I will be unavailable Monday morning?

(Also curious about feedback about Vos in particular, I am thinking strongly about them even though their afternoon courses are only 9 hours per week.)

I liked Expanish and I took afternoon classes there. Others have not enjoyed the school as much. Pablo was my instructor and he still teaches there. Not sure what level you are but I started at B1 and went to B2.

Back