spanish, tango teachers?

Mattea

Registered
I am a retired philosophy professor from the US and will be in San Telmo from 7 March to 7 April. I speak some Spanish and dance some tango and would like to learn how to do both better. I am looking for a tango teacher who is patient with beginners and would teach a systematic review of the fundamentals rather than fancy steps. I'd love to dance with as much style and calm grace as the wonderful older couples in the afternoon milonga at the Confiteria Ideale. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_1117.jpg
    IMG_1117.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 5
Well, gringous need to lean to walk and embrace.

Where we go for that is Sunderland Club on Monday and Wednesday 8 pm. Just walking. Practica later. The professors are the Perez marriage, the last alive couple of the original tango Villa Urquiza. 4 dollars a class.

They will ignore you. It is normal. If he correct you, change it immediately and he will continue correcting you, otherwise you are dead for him.

You can take private lessons as well. Don`t take private lesson with youngsters.

Yuyu Hererra is excellent about technique, specially giros.

There is another old guy, everybody leans from him giros, I can´t remember his name now.

You should also take clases with "parejita" too, another very old guy. Only technique, only for conocedores, practica after class too.

Regards

Back