Spanish tutor, informal/cheap

jago25_98

Registered
Im looking for a few extra Spanish lessons to complement what Im already doing.

Can you recommend someone cheap? I say cheap because Im already enquiring at a school.

Also, any recommendations on how to handle talking with a partner. My immersion is broken all the time by people speaking English back at me. English seems to be everywhere.

-andrew

I know how you feel! Isn't it awful? I think the trick is to just be strict with yourself, because it sure is easy to give up and speak English.

What has helped me is the following
1. Speak only in Spanish to locals. If they detect your accent and throw some English back at you, either ignore it and keep going, or just smile and say politely that you're practicing your Spanish!
2. Try to make a rule with your friends to only speak castellano, especially with non-native speakers of English (ie. Germans, Swedes). It's really surprising how much this helps! Plus the other person will be patient because they're in the same boat :)
3. Instead of paying a tutor to get together and chat about life, sign up for a language exchange! There are free meet-ups through Couch Surfers and you can also meet new partners through www.conversationexchange.com. Look for speakers that have the same level of English as you have of Spanish so it's an even exchange.

I know it's not any tutor information, I hope these suggestions have helped! Suerte!

I have been seeing a private tutor in Villa Crespo for the past three weeks. He charges 100 pesos for two hours. Today I have my last lesson with him but am considering signing up for more since I am very pleased with our work.

www.[B]palermoinspanish[/B].com.ar/

Hi Jago,
We're meeting on Thursday 6 pm at El Galeon in Plaza Italia as a Spanish learning group. The hourly rate is $25arg. We'll love to have you as a member. PM me if you need more info.

Best

Laly

Hope uve found yourself a good teacher!
If not i used to take classes with a girl in recoleta, she.s really patient and nice. Not conventional classes, she even took me out to show me the city and practice daily life stuff with locals. Pretty useful to be honest, specially when ur being taken advantage just for buying in a shop. :/
she charged me $50 for 1 hr 1/2.
send me a PM is u want her contact.
Good luck!

Forgive me but I do not know how to PM. Etoile, could you give me the contact for this spanish tutor?

I am unable to PM you. Could you please send me a PM with contact info for the teacher you are recommending?

Thanks, Bob

etoile said:
Hope uve found yourself a good teacher!
If not i used to take classes with a girl in recoleta, she.s really patient and nice. Not conventional classes, she even took me out to show me the city and practice daily life stuff with locals. Pretty useful to be honest, specially when ur being taken advantage just for buying in a shop. :/
she charged me $50 for 1 hr 1/2.
send me a PM is u want her contact.
Good luck!

I am native, and I am available now... I used to be a Spanish tutor back in Indonesia, I have recently moved back to Argentina and I'm looking for new students now. I live in San Isidro, if you are interested please contact me.
[email protected]
Enjoy Argentina!

Hi sorry - not quite sure how to PM - but this class sounds great.

Back